Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.

Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:
Pagina's: 1   Omlaag

Auteur Topic: I'm buying Jamet. Please help a new guy out...  (gelezen 3245 keer)

Gargamel35

• Gast
I'm buying Jamet. Please help a new guy out...
« Gepost op: september 23, 2015, 11:08:21 pm »

Good day,

I'm from Slovenia so i'll write in English and i hope someone will undestand me :)

I'm new in trailer tents...My wife and i decided we want to travel more as we did until now and we believe a trailer tent is a good way to do it and also a lot cheaper then caravan, motorhome or hotels....we also have a small kid that will love camping anyway. We would also like to go on quick weekend getaways and again, trailer tent looks a good choice.

In Slovenia there is only Camp-let and Trigano. In reality only Camp-let dealer is serious, others not so much so they don't have anything to show you.

We are looking for a good sized tent, with big beds, a lot of space and comfort but not for a huge pricetag. I was already set for Raclet Safari or Xtrail but then i saw Jamet Arizona 2016 model. It has everything we wanted. It is big, has big beds, Acrylic canvas, many accessories, looks pretty fast to build up. We don+t like the huge kitchen but that is pretty much it.

Can someone tell me how good Jamet really is? There is action offer right now for 2016 model Arizona and you really get a lot of accessories for a lower price then anything else outhere. Are there any drawbacks in Jamet trailer tents? Any big problems? Are they hard to set up? It is strange to me, that they are big in Netherlands but you can't find them anywhere else...

arjanmeijerman

• Klap fanaat
Re: I'm buying Jamet. Please help a new guy out...
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: september 24, 2015, 07:37:48 am »

Hi, and welcome to this forum. I have owned several types of jamet trailer tents and am currently the proud owner of a Jamet Arizona 2005. I really love the tents for their enormous size, the fantastic beds and functional design. The quality is really good. Some say that the quality is a bit below the trigano , but I have never been able to discover any differences between the two. The Ten Cate cloth is really sturdy and I have never faced any real problems with my jamets. My sister also always camps in our trailer tent and also became a jamet enthousiast. My trailer is in use every year for at least six weeks, so it gets plenty of experience. I usually take it to the south of France or Italy, my sister stays in the Netherlands.
I am a big guy, both in height and width and that makes the jamets also perfect for me. I have been in other more "sporty" trailers like the Kyte and others, but then I am continuously bending over to move around.
With the new models you also get the easy access to the inside while leaving the tents folded, and that looks like a good addition (though I have never tried it in real life) also the additional walls you can zip in the front section appear very handy. Good luck with making your choice :-)

Drikusniet

• Techneut in hart en nieren
  • Klap prof
  • Geslacht: Man
  • Merk: kampeermiddel : Campwerk Family
  • Een happy kampeerder
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: september 24, 2015, 11:36:20 am »

You have to know that Trigano has 3 brands: Jamet, Trigano and Raclet. In my opinion the differences in quality are there, but if that is a problem or not is very personal. Between this 3 brands, the price/ quality ratio does not really changes. So if the quality of the Jamet is good enough, go for that. Else check the Trigano brand, or even the Raclet.
Problems solutions depend not only on the brand, but also on your dealer, as in the end he gives the guarantee.

Paulvh

• Klap gek
  • Merk: kampeermiddel : Jamet louisiana 2013
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: september 24, 2015, 05:34:42 pm »

Also a warm welcome here. I have a Jamet Louisiana and we're very satisfied whith our tenttrailer.

Yolanda

• Klap gek
  • Geslacht: Vrouw
  • Merk: kampeermiddel : Raclet Jasmin
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: september 24, 2015, 06:51:46 pm »

Welcome to this forum. I think that the're a lot of Jamet owners with a answer. Good luck with searching!

hurenkam

• Klapperraar
  • Merk: kampeermiddel : Jametic Blue Style 2013
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: september 24, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

Hi, and welcome!

When we were looking for a tent-trailer, we also ended up with a Jamet, but ours is a Jametic, a bit smaller, but quicker to setup, when compared to the Arizona and Louisiana models.

We've never regretted our choice, this year is the third season we've taken it out, usually for a spring and summer break of up to two weeks.
Quality wise, as has been said by others, this can be very personal, but we are quite satisfied with the Jamet. We did notice a few small issues which could be considered a 'design flaw', like the kitchen can't be detached after unfolding (you have to at least unhook one side before unfolding), and although we do have a net to replace the front veranda panel, we can't fully detach the veranda panel which means it has to stay rolled down on the floor when the net is in.

To get a good impression, i suggest you go visit a dealer that has a trailer of your preference set up. For us that has made quite a difference, we've visited two nearby dealers several times before we decided what model we wanted to buy.

Good luck!

Mark
Pagina's: 1   Omhoog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal