Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.

Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:
Pagina's: 1   Omlaag

Auteur Topic: Malawi 2.0 : questions  (gelezen 3293 keer)

i_ll_be

• Gast
Malawi 2.0 : questions
« Gepost op: mei 30, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »

Hello all,

My first message in this forum, in English. I hope it is OK !

Want to thank you all for this forum which contains a lot of very useful information.

I am from France (Grenoble, in the alps) and I am camping with a Raclet quickstop for a few years with my wife and my 2 boys. We may have crossed on the motorway as we are often camping in the north (Normandie, Brittany)  :P when you are heading south !

My boys are growing, and we are looking at a lighter setup, most probably a Malawi 2.0.

The feedbacks on the 2.0 are still not appearing on the french forums, so I hope you can help me...

My questions :
- we may prefer to buy only the sun canopy with front wall (we don't like floor PVC mats in the awning, especially cleaning  :#)
What is the depth of the canopy (without the sloped part in the front) ? is it as deep as the awning ? Is it big enough for a family of 4 to eat and play cards on a rainy day ?
- do you know if the full awning can be mounted without floor mat ? I was told that it is not possible.
- do you know if Dewit is having trailer tents in stock that can be bought directly in their shop ?

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for my poor dutch  :)

muis

• Gast
Re: Malawi 2.0 : questions
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: mei 30, 2018, 11:23:31 pm »

Welkom to the forum, Grenoble.. love it :J O0

I will translate your questions in dutch for other members:

-we may prefer to buy only the sun canopy with front wall (we don't like floor PVC mats in the awning, especially cleaning  )
What is the depth of the canopy (without the sloped part in the front) ? is it as deep as the awning ? Is it big enough for a family of 4 to eat and play cards on a rainy day ?
onze voorkeur gaat waarschijnlijk uit naar alleen de luifel met voorwand, we houden niet van een kuipzeil, in het bijzonder het schoonmaken ervan. Wat is de diepte van de luifel, zonder het schuine gedeelte aan de voorkant? Is deze net zo diep als de voortent en is het diep genoeg voor een familie van 4 om onder te eten en een potje te kaarten op een regenachtige dag? 
- do you know if the full awning can be mounted without floor mat ? I was told that it is not possible.
weten jullie of de voortent opgezet kan worden zonder kuipzeil, mij is namelijk verteld dat dit niet kan
- do you know if Dewit is having trailer tents in stock that can be bought directly in their shop ?
weten jullie of de Wit vouwwagens op voorraad heeft die je direct mee nemen na aanschaf?

I can't help you on your questions but there are more and more members with a Malawi 2.0, it's a populair model.

Can you give me information about the Raclet Quickstop to post o'n the forum?

Jon

• Klap prof
  • Geslacht: Man
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 01:52:44 am »

Bienvenue ! Super, une famille Français sur notre forum. Vous souhaitez correspondre dans la langue Français... pas de problème pour certains  :-)
« Laatst bewerkt op: mei 31, 2018, 02:00:30 am door Jon »
Combi Camp Country 2016, daarna de Waard Kuifmees, nu even niets.

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 08:00:19 am »

Thanks for your warm welcome ! Merci pour votre accueil !

Dutch people are globally far better english speakers than french people !  :) :) I hope most of you can understand... I:

The raclet quickstop is a classic 2 beds trailer tent with quite specific design :
- the night part is designed to not needing any pegging, nothing is touching the floor except wheels and metal supports. Very handy for overnight stays. Cleaning and drying tent cloth is a big time loss when leaving the camp, so no problem with this one.
- the kitchen is placed in the volume of the trailer (not sticking out at the back), so the overall length is limited (<3.5m I guess)
- limited trailer width at 1.45m (important as most standard garages in France are only 2.5m wide, need extra room on the sides to store bicycles, and other stuff)
- nice overall surface with awning and canopy

But it has some drawbacks :
- mine has old design with mattress on wood plates... my back does not like it  :)
- quite heavy to unfold as everything is folded out in only 2 steps
- mine has a old style awning with crazy number of metal sticks to be mounted and ajusted
- like most 2 beds trailers, all the stuff are placed in the middle part of the trailer, so everything needs to be removed, even for a single night

There was a new improved version released in 2015 (quickstop X-trail), it was looking good but was finally removed from the catalog...

Thanks !

Drikusniet

• Techneut in hart en nieren
  • Klap prof
  • Merk Vouwwagen: Campwerk Family
  • Een happy kampeerder
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 10:48:08 am »

To be honest I think the Malawi 1.0 is better for you, as the front awning doesn't have the pvc flooring. The benefit is that the awning is bigger, more flexible in setup and has the possibility to have 'open' windows for air circulation.

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 01:16:48 pm »

To be honest I think the Malawi 1.0 is better for you, as the front awning doesn't have the pvc flooring. The benefit is that the awning is bigger, more flexible in setup and has the possibility to have 'open' windows for air circulation.

Thanks for your answer.

That was my initial idea to buy the 1.0, because of the larger space and better material of the tent (all weather Tencate style).

But the awning must be as painful to erect as my current trailer. The 2.0 is probably a lot easier, especially with sun canopy + front wall.

And I heard from a french dealer that Cabanon may stop the sales of  1.0.

Drikusniet

• Techneut in hart en nieren
  • Klap prof
  • Merk Vouwwagen: Campwerk Family
  • Een happy kampeerder
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 04:04:32 pm »

The 1.0 its awning is indeed a bit more work than the 2.0 but still the frame is quickly to setup, as the tubes are connected with springs. You could always try at the dealer.

Penhoorn

• Klapperraar
  • Merk Vouwwagen: Cabanon Malawi 2.0 (model 2018)
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »

Welkom op het forum en hoop dat je de antwoorden zult vinden die je zoekt.

Wij hebben een Malawi 2.0 met luxe panoramaluifel. Deze is net zo groot als de normale voortent maar heeft geen PVC vloer. Je zult een eigen mat of iets anders moeten plaatsen als vloerbedekking.
Ons bevalt de panoramaluifel heel goed en hebben een losse mat als vloerkleed.

Google Translate:
Bienvenue sur le forum et j'espère que vous trouverez les réponses que vous cherchez.

Nous avons un Malawi 2.0 avec échelle de luxe. C'est aussi grand que l'auvent normal mais n'a aucun plancher de PVC. Vous devrez installer votre propre tapis ou autre chose comme revêtement de sol.
Nous aimons très bien la fenêtre panoramique et avons un tapis lâche comme un tapis.

Welcome to the forum and hope you will find the answers you are looking for.

We have a Malawi 2.0 with luxury panorama scale. This is just as big as the normal awning but has no PVC floor. You will have to install your own mat or something else as a floor covering.
We like the panorama window very well and have a loose mat as a carpet.

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #8 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 07:23:58 pm »

Welkom op het forum en hoop dat je de antwoorden zult vinden die je zoekt.

Wij hebben een Malawi 2.0 met luxe panoramaluifel. Deze is net zo groot als de normale voortent maar heeft geen PVC vloer. Je zult een eigen mat of iets anders moeten plaatsen als vloerbedekking.
Ons bevalt de panoramaluifel heel goed en hebben een losse mat als vloerkleed.

Google Translate:
Bienvenue sur le forum et j'espère que vous trouverez les réponses que vous cherchez.

Nous avons un Malawi 2.0 avec échelle de luxe. C'est aussi grand que l'auvent normal mais n'a aucun plancher de PVC. Vous devrez installer votre propre tapis ou autre chose comme revêtement de sol.
Nous aimons très bien la fenêtre panoramique et avons un tapis lâche comme un tapis.

Welcome to the forum and hope you will find the answers you are looking for.

We have a Malawi 2.0 with luxury panorama scale. This is just as big as the normal awning but has no PVC floor. You will have to install your own mat or something else as a floor covering.
We like the panorama window very well and have a loose mat as a carpet.

Thanks for your answer ! That is exactly my thought. Luxury canopy without floor will be perfect for us if it is deep enough.

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 07:27:30 pm »

The 1.0 its awning is indeed a bit more work than the 2.0 but still the frame is quickly to setup, as the tubes are connected with springs. You could always try at the dealer.

Agree with you, seeing the mounting video seems to be quite easy. But probably not as easy as the 2.0.

And the closest cabanon dealer exposing the trailers is probably Latour in Nantes, 800 km from my home !!! 

Penhoorn

• Klapperraar
« Reactie #10 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 07:56:56 pm »

Thanks for your answer ! That is exactly my thought. Luxury canopy without floor will be perfect for us if it is deep enough.

Wij hebben dus de luxe panoramaluifel en hebben daaraan een zonneluifel.
De maat van de panoramaluifel is ongveeer 4.00m X 3.00m en de zonneluifel is 4.00m X 1.50m.
De maat die wij voor deze ruimtes hebben gekocht is 4.40m X 3.50M (iets korter dan de totale lengte, voor eventuele regen).
Ik zal een paar foto's van het overzicht proberen te sturen.
De panoramaluifel heeft, zoals je ziet een voorzijde van plastic met daarachter een horregaas.

Google Translate

Nous avons donc l'échelle panoramique luxueuse et un auvent.
La taille de l'échelle panoramique est d'environ 4,00 m X 3,00 m et l'auvent est de 4,00 m X 1,50 m.
La taille que nous avons achetée pour ces espaces est de 4.40m X 3.50M (légèrement plus courte que la longueur totale, pour toute pluie).
Je vais essayer d'envoyer quelques photos de l'aperçu.
Le panoramifelel a, comme vous pouvez le voir, un front de plastique avec un horregaas derrière lui.

So we have the luxurious panorama scale and have a sun awning.
The size of the panorama scale is approx. 4.00m X 3.00m and the awning is 4.00m X 1.50m.
The size we bought for these spaces is 4.40m X 3.50M (slightly shorter than the total length, for any rain).
I will try to send a few pictures of the overview.
The panoramifelel has, as you can see, a front of plastic with a horregaas behind it.

« Laatst bewerkt op: mei 31, 2018, 07:59:33 pm door Penhoorn »

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #11 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 09:48:04 pm »

Wij hebben dus de luxe panoramaluifel en hebben daaraan een zonneluifel.
De maat van de panoramaluifel is ongveeer 4.00m X 3.00m en de zonneluifel is 4.00m X 1.50m.
De maat die wij voor deze ruimtes hebben gekocht is 4.40m X 3.50M (iets korter dan de totale lengte, voor eventuele regen).
Ik zal een paar foto's van het overzicht proberen te sturen.
De panoramaluifel heeft, zoals je ziet een voorzijde van plastic met daarachter een horregaas.

Google Translate

Nous avons donc l'échelle panoramique luxueuse et un auvent.
La taille de l'échelle panoramique est d'environ 4,00 m X 3,00 m et l'auvent est de 4,00 m X 1,50 m.
La taille que nous avons achetée pour ces espaces est de 4.40m X 3.50M (légèrement plus courte que la longueur totale, pour toute pluie).
Je vais essayer d'envoyer quelques photos de l'aperçu.
Le panoramifelel a, comme vous pouvez le voir, un front de plastique avec un horregaas derrière lui.

So we have the luxurious panorama scale and have a sun awning.
The size of the panorama scale is approx. 4.00m X 3.00m and the awning is 4.00m X 1.50m.
The size we bought for these spaces is 4.40m X 3.50M (slightly shorter than the total length, for any rain).
I will try to send a few pictures of the overview.
The panoramifelel has, as you can see, a front of plastic with a horregaas behind it.

Nice setup ! Looking nice.

Is the height inside the canopy ok ?

Penhoorn

• Klapperraar
« Reactie #12 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »

Nice setup ! Looking nice.

Is the height inside the canopy ok ?

Volgens de site van Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) is de hoogte ongeveer 2.10M. Dit lijkt de hoogte te zijn van de basis tent van de Malawi 2.0. DE panorama luifel iets iets lager maar volgens mij nog steeds ongeveer 2.00M.
Ik ben zelf 1.85M lang en heb geen enkele moeite om in het middengedeelte rechtop te kunnen staan.

Wij hebben deze tent afgelopen najaar gekocht en dit voorjaar 2 keer kunnen gebruiken. In augustus zijn wij in Zuid Frankrijk om daar te genieten van onze vakantie en natuurlijk Frankrijk maar wij zijn zeer content met de Cacabon Malawi 2.0
Mogelijk dat een van onze kinderen 20 t/m 24 jaar oud, ons een week komt bezoeken. Ze slapen in een eigen tentje maar de panoramaluifel met zonneluifel is meer dan voldoende. De zitruimte, vrije oppervlakte onder de luifels is ongeveer 4.00M X 3.50M. Daar kunnen stoelen, tafels en mogelijk langs de kant de fietsen staan.

Google.Translate:

Selon le site de Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) la hauteur est d'environ 2.10M. Cela semble être la hauteur de la tente de base du Malawi 2.0. L'auvent panorama légèrement plus bas mais je pense toujours à 2.00M.
J'ai moi-même 1,85M de long et je n'ai pas de mal à me tenir debout dans la section du milieu.

Nous avons acheté cette tente l'automne dernier et nous pourrions l'utiliser deux fois ce printemps. En août nous sommes dans le sud de la France pour profiter de nos vacances et bien sûr de la France mais nous sommes très satisfaits du Cacabon Malawi 2.0
Il est possible qu'un de nos enfants de 20 à 24 ans vienne nous rendre visite pendant une semaine. Ils dorment dans leur propre tente, mais l'échelle panoramique avec auvent est plus que suffisant. Le coin salon, espace libre sous les auvents est d'environ 4.00M X 3.50M. Il peut y avoir des chaises, des tables et éventuellement des vélos sur le côté.

According to the site of Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) the height is approximately 2.10M. This seems to be the height of the basic tent of the Malawi 2.0. THE panorama awning slightly lower but I still think about 2.00M.
I myself am 1.85M long and have no trouble to be able to stand upright in the middle section.

We bought this tent last fall and could use it twice this spring. In August we are in southern France to enjoy our holiday and of course France but we are very content with the Cacabon Malawi 2.0
It is possible that one of our children 20 to 24 years old will come to visit us for a week. They sleep in their own tent, but the panorama scale with awning is more than enough. The seating area, free area under the canopies is about 4.00M X 3.50M. There can be chairs, tables and possibly the bikes along the side.

i_ll_be

• Gast
« Reactie #13 Gepost op: mei 31, 2018, 10:48:15 pm »

Volgens de site van Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) is de hoogte ongeveer 2.10M. Dit lijkt de hoogte te zijn van de basis tent van de Malawi 2.0. DE panorama luifel iets iets lager maar volgens mij nog steeds ongeveer 2.00M.
Ik ben zelf 1.85M lang en heb geen enkele moeite om in het middengedeelte rechtop te kunnen staan.

Wij hebben deze tent afgelopen najaar gekocht en dit voorjaar 2 keer kunnen gebruiken. In augustus zijn wij in Zuid Frankrijk om daar te genieten van onze vakantie en natuurlijk Frankrijk maar wij zijn zeer content met de Cacabon Malawi 2.0
Mogelijk dat een van onze kinderen 20 t/m 24 jaar oud, ons een week komt bezoeken. Ze slapen in een eigen tentje maar de panoramaluifel met zonneluifel is meer dan voldoende. De zitruimte, vrije oppervlakte onder de luifels is ongeveer 4.00M X 3.50M. Daar kunnen stoelen, tafels en mogelijk langs de kant de fietsen staan.

Google.Translate:

Selon le site de Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) la hauteur est d'environ 2.10M. Cela semble être la hauteur de la tente de base du Malawi 2.0. L'auvent panorama légèrement plus bas mais je pense toujours à 2.00M.
J'ai moi-même 1,85M de long et je n'ai pas de mal à me tenir debout dans la section du milieu.

Nous avons acheté cette tente l'automne dernier et nous pourrions l'utiliser deux fois ce printemps. En août nous sommes dans le sud de la France pour profiter de nos vacances et bien sûr de la France mais nous sommes très satisfaits du Cacabon Malawi 2.0
Il est possible qu'un de nos enfants de 20 à 24 ans vienne nous rendre visite pendant une semaine. Ils dorment dans leur propre tente, mais l'échelle panoramique avec auvent est plus que suffisant. Le coin salon, espace libre sous les auvents est d'environ 4.00M X 3.50M. Il peut y avoir des chaises, des tables et éventuellement des vélos sur le côté.

According to the site of Cabanon (http://www.cabanon.com/caravane-pliante-malawi2-0-polyester-enduit-acrylique-291.html) the height is approximately 2.10M. This seems to be the height of the basic tent of the Malawi 2.0. THE panorama awning slightly lower but I still think about 2.00M.
I myself am 1.85M long and have no trouble to be able to stand upright in the middle section.

We bought this tent last fall and could use it twice this spring. In August we are in southern France to enjoy our holiday and of course France but we are very content with the Cacabon Malawi 2.0
It is possible that one of our children 20 to 24 years old will come to visit us for a week. They sleep in their own tent, but the panorama scale with awning is more than enough. The seating area, free area under the canopies is about 4.00M X 3.50M. There can be chairs, tables and possibly the bikes along the side.

Thanks for the feedback ! The luxury canopy definitelly seems to be a good option !
Pagina's: 1   Omhoog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal